The blog has been a little quiet lately but that doesn’t mean I’ve been sitting around doing nothing.
1. I had a wonderful two week visit with my family, one of the highlights being a trip to Grand Haven, Michigan to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary. Yes, I took a dip in Lake Michigan.
2. I ran the Sunburst Marathon in South Bend, Indiana in high humidity and 80 degree plus heat. I’m glad I crossed the finish line before they called the race due to hazardous heat conditions.
3. While I was in the Midwest, I received some good news: My middle grade novel has been chosen as a finalist in the Pacific Northwest Writers Association’s Annual Contest. Winners will be announced in August at their annual conference.
4. I accepted a job for the fall semester. I will be teaching English to the ELL (English Language Learners) students at West Valley High School. It is a ¾ time teaching position and just for the fall semester, kind of perfect for me in terms of keeping my writing going.
5. I’m going hiking in the Italian Alps in late July/early August.
6. And, am I working on a new book? You bet I am!!
That’s all the news that fit to tell. What have you been up to lately?